PhotonStar LED Group plc has announced a partnership with amBX UK Ltd, the developers of immersive experience control solutions, in order to enhance storytelling and gaming experiences.
The partnership will enable amBX to be one of the first to launch Halcyon compatible products. One of the first of these will be amBX’s current Kickstarter project ‘Luminous Tales; a new product for immersive storytelling which utilises tablets and smart lighting, such as Halcyon.
To read the full press release, please click here.
PhotonStar announces its half year results for the 6 months ended 30 June 2013.
• Revenue up 13% to £4.32m (H1 2012: £3.82m)
• Gross profit up 12% to £1.69m (H1 2012: £1.51m)
• EBITDA loss of £0.31m (H1 2012: loss £0.29m)
• Pre-tax loss of £0.61m (H1 2012: loss £0.53m)
• Loss per share of 0.5p (H1 2012: loss per share 0.6p)
• Operating results steadily improving, expecting to be EBITDA breakeven for the full year 2013
• At 30 June 2013, net debt of £0.3m (2012: net debt £0.2m). Cash outflow significantly reduced month on month since first quarter 2013
• H1 operational issues and product development delays now addressed
• Business resized to the revised forecast with strong financial control now in place
• ChromaWhite, the next generation smart circadian light engine, is now shipping, expected to contribute to revenues in 2013
• Patent portfolio continues to mature Read the full press release here.
Do you remember why PhotonStar didn't send Christmas cards last year?
Last christmas, instead of sending out christmas cards, we gave a "christmas gift" to a local family in need by donating LED luminaires for the renovation of their home. This renovation was organised and filmed for the BBC1 home renovation series 'DIY:SOS' and the episode will air tonight (Tuesday 8th October) at 9pm on BBC 1.
@uonETC great pic....although robot woman is really called Dave.
In this section we keep you up to date on news of interest, either specifically related to PhotonStarLED or generally within our industry
You can view the news online using the links to the left or subscribe to the news feeds with the icons to the right.